Wednesday 1 September 2010

Hobble, hobble.

So I haven't really mentioned my dodgy knee for a bit and the reason for this is that, compared with initially, it has not been feeling too bad. Unfortunately, the end of my lazy summer days and my pretty tough schedule so far this week has made it necessary for me to be up on my feet more than my beleaguered ligaments were ready for. Welcome back, swelling. Long time no see, throbbing pain. It's been a while, hobbling. Coincidentally, my next (and I was hoping last) appointment at the hospital is today. If the weather holds up (there is a typhoon in town today but, thankfully, it hasn't been too drastic so far) then I should hear what he has to say and have some idea when I might be able to get back to full mobility. That's the dream! haha.. throbbing...

Yesterday evening, I headed over to Ji's house to chill out with her and with the intention of watching Pohang Steelers V FC Seoul on her TV (I don't have one myself). Infuriatingly, the game wasn't being shown on any of the MANY sports channels here. Apparently, it makes more sense to play the SAME baseball match simultaneously on different channels rather than air a team that attracted 60,000 supporters to a match earlier in the season (albeit on Children's Day and with a promotion, but still). I got to see the goals on the news and watched the extended highlights this morning. I'm delighted to say that we recorded an impressive 4-1 win to move up to third in the table, just a point behind Seongnam, who have played a game more. Importantly, we're also 9 clear of Suwon (evil) in 7th. Hopefully there will be no slip-ups at home against Gwangju on Saturday night at 8pm, Sangam World Cup Stadium.

Dejan was missing for the game because he's off on International duty with Montenegro who face Wales at home on Friday and travel to Bulgaria the following Tuesday. With Switzerland and England also in that group, it's a really tough one. Ireland have a tricky start against Armenia in Yerevan on Friday before what should be a straightforward tie next Tuesday in the new Aviva Stadium against Andorra. We have a fair few injury concerns and Trap is still on the mend, but surely there's a possibility of taking all six points on offer. How sweet that would be...

Schedule still tough as... Had the luxury of a full night's sleep last night but there is SO much preparation and SO many classes that the end never seems in sight no matter how much work I seem to be getting done. Thankfully, they are all going well and I think I know where I'm headed with them all. I'm eager not to let things like guitar, Korean, reading and so on fall by the way side. For now, I'm managing to keep everything in check (and blog regularly, which is a welcome distraction). When the MA recommences in early October, I'm not sure how I'll fit it all in. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment