Tuesday 29 March 2011

OK

Hope you are well as you read this, wherever you are today! Nothing hugely special to say. Some big things have changed but it's too soon to be chatting about it so I'll skirt the issue for now. Keep it general: work, the weekend, the craic, the future.

Work is fine, good even. My classes are going well and my kids' classes produced a hell of a lot of high-quality written work in advance of their parents coming in to watch them on Thursday. I don't mind observations at all anymore. One parent last time around seemed to think it was a chance for him to ask questions about his own English in the middle of his son's class, but I'm sure that was just a one-off...

The weekend was actually pretty good, considering. We had a mammoth rehearsal on Saturday to really tighten the set up and our gig that night was very assured. It wasn't he craziest show ever or anything like that, but it just felt really comfortable and I was probably as happy with it as I have been with any gig for a long time. A few of our really loyal friends (Ian, Jonathan, Byounghi, etc.) came along so it was generally a fun night with good people. I watched the Ireland match with Tom and Gerry (yes, really) and the less said about that frustrating mess of a match, the better.

Stephen and I had a bit of an unplanned day and night on Sunday which threatened to get a bit out of hand but turned out just to be good fun. With a holiday coming up (Singapore and Malaysia April 15th-25th), the move to China (or somewhere) looming, our 'Dead End Friends' days numbered, and a generally brighter disposition, I'm hopeful that just good fun will be on the menu for the foreseeable.

Let's hope it can start off this weekend. FC Seoul have a chance to get things back on track with a home fixture against Jeonbuk on Saturday. Later that night, we'll be headlining at a charity event in Rocky Mountain Tavern, Itaewon. I'm totally distracted by the Ireland V Uruguay friendly so I'll sign off for now, and get back on it later in the week. Uruguay just went one up... Ugly stuff...

1 comment: