Monday 2 August 2010

Gone too fast...



In great form today. I'm going over songs for practice with Cheon's band tonight. We'll be doing a Red Hot Chili Peppers cover gig on August 21st in Hongdae somewhere. Who knew they had so many good songs? And that they are so much fun (albeit tricky) to sing? An idle mind definitely doesn't suit me. I'm much happier when I have something to do, something to look forward to. I should probably learn to make better use of my time in that case.

I didn't really listen to my own advice over the weekend. I was out and about but my knee was bothering me and I was feeling sorry for myself and being a bit grumpy with others. At this stage I've reminded myself that, in reality, other people's problems are boring to most so there's not much point airing yours. I much prefer trying to help someone else out rather than wallowing about whatever trifle is bothering me. That's all they are. Trifles. Oh I'd love a trifle now. Roll on being home for Christmas.

Was very happy with FC Seoul's 2-0 win over Jeju United to go top of the league at the half-way point of the season. Djeparov continued to impress, without really providing much of substance. Fellow new-signing Choi Tae-Uk made a bright cameo from the bench. Dejan weighed in with two more goals, Lee Seung Ryul looked composed and skillful, Choi Hyo Jin made a timely interception to save us once at the back. With Kim Chi Woo coming back and the likes of Ha Dae Sung becoming increasingly effective, I'm feeling more and more confident about this season. Highlights of the game with Jeju here.

Tomorrow night I'll be heading over to World Cup stadium with Ji and a few friends (that distinction always makes me chuckle a little) for K-League All Stars versus FC Barcelona. The Barca squad isn't as strong as it might have been but we should see the likes of Messi, Ibrahimovic and Hleb at least. Dejan hasn't been included in the All Stars team for some inexplicable reason but there will be three FC Seoul players there: Choi Hyo Jin, Ha Dae Sung and Lee Seung Ryul. I hope the K-League players do themselves proud.

Loads to do today so I'm going to sign off here. I'll write more soon about the John Irving novel I'm reading, 'The 18-pound marriage', as well as my two-cents on a couple of films I've recently seen. Comments (both private and public) welcome as ever.

3 comments:

  1. Love the chilli peppers. Its always strange when you've heard a song a million times but don't really know the lyrics. Then you see them and realize you've been singing the wrong words all along.

    When I was in school, someone told me that Anthony Kiedis had aids, and that was what under the bridge was about -when he got aids- and I used to think, wow he's still going pretty strong after all these years. Then I was talking to someone and mentioned it and they were like, he doesn't have aids, and that's how I found out he doesn't have aids. Right he doesn't does he?

    Gee I'd feel really stupid now, if he did infact have aids. Oh well.

    Yeah and then there was this girl I liked and she really liked *him*, and she wouldn't sleep with me, but I knew she'd sleep with him at the drop of a hat. So I was like, what does he have that I don't have.

    A lot apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW this moderating of comments is going to kill discussion/debate on your blog, and be a burden to yourself. Especially as I can't imagine anyone saying a bad word against you Brian.

    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete