Wednesday 4 August 2010

Briefly...

I totally forgot to mention that I got my exam results earlier in the week. They leave me on 79 overall for my MA with only my dissertation to go. I was initially a bit disappointed because it's soooooooo close (just one mark) to a 'First' or 'A' depending on where you're from. As I said before, I'm in this for a 2:1 but being so close is naturally a little frustrating. I just registered for my dissertation today so I get back on it next month. I wonder if my natural inclination will be to push for a 'First' or settle for a 2:1 when the going gets tough.

Rehearsal was a lot of fun last night and my first time playing with a Korean-only (other than me, obviously) band. The guys were very talented but very taught and more methodical than I'm used to. Still, they were impressed with my efforts at doing Anthony Kleidis justice and I'm looking forward to gigging with them on August 21st. I may have three different shows that weekend - more on that soon.

I'm off to Itaewon to meet friends for dinner before we head to K-League All Stars V FC Barcelona at World Cup Stadium. I'm hoping for a good match and I'm wearing my Dejan shirt to protest his omission! I'm sure the coach will take due note. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. Hope you're well.

1 comment:

  1. "I wonder if my natural inclination will be to push for a 'First' or settle for a 2:1..."

    Go for the First, aim for the stars, no guts no glory. If you don't get it what have you got to lose? Especially since you are so close. At worst you will end up with a strong 2:1 or a nervous breakdown. Put the Rocky film soundtrack on your iPod and start punching raw meat.

    Keep on trucking.

    ReplyDelete