Wednesday 16 February 2011

Been A While

Well here I am in Starbucks, Itaewon, finally getting around to updating this; the latest self-imposed bain upon my existence! I have been kind of off the radar since last Thursday for one reason or another, but here I am again, much the same as I was last week. Realistically, how much can change in a few days? Quite a bit, probably.

Our big, highly-anticipated (by us) 'lads not on tour' night was a bit of a messy blur last Saturday night. It was definitely fun for a good chunk of the night, before it all went off the rails for me with embarrassing consequences. Soju... Need I say more? Eden is not and never shall be my cup of tea, Sven Vath could have been a song on a CD player somewhere, and I was most comfortable at 'Gerry's' - the first time more than the second, during which time I was, apparently, pretty unresponsive! Still, there's no harm in having a bit of a blow-out once in a while: as long as it is just once in a while.

The working week thus far has been busy, busy, busy. We are back to our DDE intensive classes: six classes a day every day this week, conferences, planning, marking - it doesn't allow much time for much else. Which is unfortunate, because everything else is looming as much as it ever was/is/will be. I still have my 'other commitments', dissertation, songs to be learned, brilliant book to be finished, and band stuff. I'm actually in Itaewon because we were supposed to have practice tonight, but it was called off at short-notice, which happens. We just need a few hours to refresh our set for gigs next weekend at The Park, Bucheon (Friday 25th) and Club FF, Hongdae (Saturday, 26th). Will be great to get back on it and set up a busy March, which I'm hoping will include a gig in Daejeon, and an outdoor slot for the St. Patrick's Day celebrations in central Seoul.

On the job-hunt front, it's still much the same as ever. I'm still proceeding with the application process for Cairo English School, arranging an interview with Mt Zaagkam International School, and applying anywhere else I see fit. I had a bit of an annoying experience with an international school here in Seoul over the last couple of days, but I'll go into that tomorrow. Too tired to deal with details today: I didn't fall asleep until after 4am last night, for no particular reason.

Ireland: keep emailing me the craic about the election. I'm seeing some funny stuff on facebook. Is Enda Kenny really going to...?

Hope you're all having a good week. Back in more depth tomorrow, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment