Friday 18 February 2011

Spent

Absolutely beat. Long, tough week. Typically, after all my spouting about how great my students are (last night), one of my classes absolutely did my head in today. In fairness to them, I know the blame always lays with the teacher, not the class. There are a few 'rotten apples' in there with really negative views affecting the others. Still, I should understand that some of them feel trapped doing a program they didn't necessarily sign up for. I was very close to telling them they could show up, I'd mark them as attending, give them work to cover, and that they could then go on their merry way. Thankfully, I didn't. Those are the ideas that a week of poor sleep and long hours inspire. What bugged me most is that they drew blanks on the topics they should be covering in their other classes, in my big end-of-week review class. None of us really know what the other is teaching. That's what happens when there is no curriculum, guidance, focus, point...

I've spent the time since I knocked off, applying for more jobs (few interesting looking ones on ">this website), talking to the wonderful Zee about singing, and practicing some of the songs I might be singing in a 'Rock of the Ages' gig being put together by Craig, an institution in Seoul expat rock circles. It's going to be tough but, wow, I'm looking forward to singing this:



Furey's taste in music creeping ever deeper into mine with each passing year. Tonight I'm going to watch Zee at The Local in Haebangcheon with Cheon because I need to experience something refreshing and talk with people about music and life and maybe some football! I doubt I'll be online over the weekend but keep me in your thoughts for my interview tomorrow. Oh, and happy birthday to Catherine and Stephen. I'll see you both tomorrow - unless one of you decides to be an awkward pain in the arse and do something 'different'. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment