Tuesday 22 February 2011

Out Cold

Didn't manage to make it to immigration this morning so I REALLY HAVE TO GO TOMORROW!! My Alien Registration Card (ARC) expires on Friday so, with lessons on Thursday and Friday, tomorrow is my last real opportunity. I should actually have the whole day off tomorrow but we have some ceremony to attend on campus and a new teachers' orientation in the afternoon. I set THREE alarms for 6:59, 7:00 and 7:01am this morning but didn't hear a thing. A few new teachers have moved in next door and across the hall. I'm sure they were loving me this morning! Never was one for the good first impressions. At least if the same thing happens tomorrow morning I might be awakened by an angry knock at the door.

I just got in the door from band practice in Hongdae. We only had two hours to go through EVERYTHING we are planning on doing this Friday and Saturday, so there was a lot of flying through things we think we already know, and a few songs we had to skip over altogether. Still, things were sounding pretty good and it'll be great to get back in action. Cheon got the venue mixed up so we were without a bassist for the first half-an-hour: 'crossed-wires' might have been an apt band name I often think.

So, tomorrow it should be immigration> interview for a school in China > campus shenanigans > teachers' meeting > cooking for Ji > collapsing in a heap. I just found out today from two of my referees that my old degree (International Politics at Magee) is being discontinued, and that the Conservatives are looking at removing Citizenship Education (what I did my teaching certificate in) from the curriculum in England. Aside from making it even harder for me to motivate myself to work on my Master's (in Citizenship Education - which has also been discontinued), it certainly is something to bear in mind as I job hunt. Where one door closes, another opens, and all that.

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to share your experiences as an international politics alumnus or voice your concerns regarding international politics' termination, at save international politics.

    ReplyDelete