Monday 21 June 2010

Click

The knee is still as dodgy as ever and I just booked myself an appointment with the doctor after work tomorrow so we'll see how bad the damage actually is. I've been reading a bit more about knee injuries and I think it might be a torn ligament so crutches could be on the agenda for the next while. It's amazing how much people take things for granted. I love nothing more than going for a nice long walk to clear my head but every journey these days is just too uncomfortable. It feels as though my knee could give way at any point.

One such journey was the trek down to Hongdae for band practice yesterday. It took me about half an hour longer than it should have and I'd hate to be physically disabled on the subway here. Taking elevators and such adds so much distance to the trip and lots of the escalators weren't even working.

Band practice itself was really very good. We got four songs together and, more importantly, it seems as though we are clicking well musically. Cheon is a brilliant bassist and I had a nice surprise in hearing Jeff's impressive backing vocals adding to his imperious skills on the guitar. He and Cheon are starting to form a good working relationship it seems. Jim, Jeff and I had chicken and beer after and talked about a million different songs that we'd all like to cover. It's exciting to see things taking shape again. As expected, it's less mainstream than U R Seoul but there will be a lot of well-known songs in there too. We even came up with a possible band name... Talk of gigs already and another rehearsal coming up next week.

I was back to work today and, in fact, had about twice as many classes as I normally do. I'm teaching three different groups (of 14) twice a day from 9.30-4.20. I usually teach 3/4 hours a day so 6 might seem like a bit of a stretch. In fact it went by fine and I have three very good groups again. They are all first year University students who have to take this intensive English course even though they're supposed to be on holiday from University really. Their attitude seems pretty good so far bless them.

Feeling pretty tired but ready for a couple more games tonight. What can North Korea do against Portugal? Will Chile make it two impressive wins in a row against Switzerland? I hope I can stay awake for both...

No comments:

Post a Comment