Thursday 6 January 2011

Hello Weekend

As suddenly as it appeared, it went away. Yes, no more mopey Brian. For a few days, at least. Good day; feeling back up at 75% or so. Less-pointless-than-usual meeting in the morning. Good study session midday really getting into the research strategy section. Enjoyable prep and children's classes (smart, smart kids - the only major problem is how much faster they get through the activities than I expect!). Finishing straight of 'On The Road', where it's all really coming together and the thoughts are bouncing around my head. Nice dinner and conversation with Steph (and a lovely little gay Christmas present that I'm actually chuffed with). Back home, sweet home. Funny how things seem a bit brighter so suddenly and for no apparent reason.

That could all change when I head to Xanadu Travel tomorrow morning to try to sort out my visa for China. If I can't get it sorted I have basically thrown away... I actually don't want to think about how much money. Still, I'm positive. The thing about Korea is that, somehow, there always seems to be a way round these things. Cross your fingers for me.

Got some great ideas from Steph tonight about a lesson I wasn't feeling so comfortable with. Hopefully it'll be all good tomorrow. Always get a bit frustrated at myself for seeing asking for help as weakness. I'm sure my life would be a lot easier if I wasn't so hell-bent on pretending I don't need a hand, when I do. I usually do make a new year's resolution (which struggles on til about mid-Feb, if that) so I guess this year I should try to criticise less and ask for help more. I have some program development work to do with Kevin tomorrow, so that's as good a place to start as any.

Meeting the boys in Gangnam tomorrow at 8 before our gig at 10. It's refreshing to me that I don't even know where the venue is, never mind what it's like. I'm determined to enjoy a few beers and sing those songs as though I have never sung them before. Gotta get the fun back into it. If you happen upon Gangnam tomorrow night, and know of a place called 'Readers', drop by and say hello.

And with the completion of this post comes the satisfaction of ticking everything off my snazzy new to-do list (thanks Ji) for the day. Oh, the little pleasures of life.

RIP Gerry Rafferty. Check out this cover of his classic 'Baker Street' by the Foos. Night all.


No comments:

Post a Comment