Monday 24 January 2011

In The Zone

Just a quick wee post tonight because it's coming up on midnight and I have a busy day ahead. Four DDE classes, an hour of conferences, and a kid's class with the parents in. Oh how we all love the old open classes. Still, they are a good bunch of kids and I'm too busy to worry about it too much so I'll make sure I have it well-prepared and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Looming large on the horizon is the Muse cover gig with Cheon's band in Hongdae on Saturday night. Somewhat worryingly, we haven't actually rehearsed yet, but I know the songs fairly well and we meet tomorrow night and Wednesday. The last time I played with those guys they knew everything inside out, and I'm sure it'll be the same tomorrow. I have a new desire to improve my front-man act, having witnessed a master of the trade at RMT last Saturday night. I didn't even catch their name, but those guys were just in their own bubble of euphoria and it was infectious. Mel said to me at the time, "you'll just have to up your game", and I intend to! There's a fair chance that no-one I know will be there next Saturday, so I have a chance to just get carried away and enjoy the songs.

In other news, I have my first international school interview (on skype) on Thursday evening with Cairo English School. It's an IB World School and looks like it has a good set-up, so it's nice to have at least a bit of interest. Looking at their vacancies, I'm not sure what they might even have for me, but it's a sniff, and that's better than what I had been having up until I heard from them. How does one dress for a skype interview?

Here's a video I just put up on facebook from our crazy gig in Gwangju the weekend before last. Hope all your weeks have gotten off to a good start.


No comments:

Post a Comment