Tuesday 4 January 2011

Anyone Got Any New Year's Resolutions? (Not About My Mother)

Ok well happy new year everyone. Apologies for my lengthy absence but I'm sure you all survived. At least I hope you have. Blogging wasn't on the agenda when I was home. Once I had gotten over being moody, self-obsessed and spoiled (see last post), I had a great time at home with Ji and was more torn leaving than I ever have been before. Highlights included:

  • A couple of good nights out, including one in Dublin with a few old friends.
  • Visiting the Guinness Storehouse (although not sure I can handle drinking it in Korea again now).
  • A million great home-cooked dinners, including Korean dinner cooked by Ji.
  • Quality time with the family.
  • Catching up with Rob, Ryan, Lisa, and too many others to mention (although there were even more I didn't get to see).
  • Beautiful snowy Ireland.
  • My all-grown-up sisters making me increasingly more proud of them.
  • Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport.
  • Getting an upgrade for Frankfurt-Seoul (albeit two days later than planned).
Still a bit too flat and getting-back-into-the-swing-of-things to blog properly but just trying to force myself to anyhow. Straight back into classes when I got back (teaching kids this month and next, great wee groups), first weekend of the year was a complete blur, not really feeling any new year's optimism at all I'm afraid! Here's a video from our gig at Stompers last Friday that I'm pretty proud of, even if it wasn't the greatest gig I've ever been involved in.



Best get on and let you carry on with your day with depressing you any longer! Just wanted to check in. Will be back on form soon, no doubt. Will leave you with the defining song of my past month by the greatest rock singer I have ever heard. Happy new year everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment