Thursday 20 January 2011

Whoosh!

Not sure where today went at all. Absolutely packed day of teaching. DDE classes from 9:30-2:20 conferences from 2:30-3:30 and kid's classes from 3:50-5:40. Those of you who do this all the time, I salute you. Tomorrow it's DDE 9:20-4:20 then another class at 6. I'll be a happy man to see the weekend. That is for sure.

The good thing about being busy is that it stops your mind from drifting and I, for one, just tend to keep my head down and get on with things. More potential research subjects contacted (up to six now (make that seven as I write)), another job applied for (in China this time), songs chosen for a gig coming up in early March, Muse songs gone over for the gig next weekend, tax documents readied for tomorrow, and a bit of a read of 'Time' to make sure I don't totally lose sight of what's going on out there in the big bad World.

The Muse gig is going to be a test of my falsetto (it's currently failing miserably but I'm spurring it on), but something I'm looking forward to as it'll be my first real taste of a 100% Korean gig. I'll be singing for Cheon's other band, in front of a (I expect) fully Korean audience, in a Hongdae club I've never been to before. Forgotten how good Muse are? Here's my favourite from what we'll be covering on the night:



The early-March gig is going to be a 'Rock of Ages' event with a number of singers covering the likes of Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, ACDC, ZZ Top, Van Halen, and so on. Definitely beyond my comfort zone, but that's generally a good thing I think. I just chose the songs I'd like to try, and there are a couple I'm really looking forward to. I'll leave you with one of them. Hope you are all having a happy and productive week.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, what is it with you and Time magazine? I'll admit, it's a good read, but it can be very biased.

    I have a load of RSS feeds I can send you if you like (which include Time, and about 2000 other feeds)

    Let me know if you want them.

    BTW, still reading your blog, even if I don't comment every time.

    ReplyDelete